Hi Suz, Have sewn the peacock and I am really pleased with it. As I love silk this has been sewn on silk. I used the old method of lining up designs with the basting stitched lines directly on the silk. A few changes to thread colours also as I just used what I had here; so he’s a special ‘hybrid’ bird!
Thank you for such lovely designs.
The way you have finished this embroidery, Colleen, makes it look so rich! This set, done in November of 2008 was the first large design I split and put together using the BFC Method. So many people have done our large designs successfully! And they report the process is really easy. Suz
Finally finished my handbag (template from BFC1250) using BFC1374-11 with Glitter. Mirror-imaged BFC1374-12 and adjusted the size to fit the pocket piece for the back. I used brown glitter from the first set of 14 colors that I ordered though I was undecided – all the colors were so pretty! Fabric used was antique satin from Sylvia. My zipper was a bit too long and I ended up with bag having a slightly lop-sided top 🙂
Thanks, Suz, for the beautiful designs and instructions for the bag. How do you find time to embroider and sew out all the projects for the designs you digitize? It took me more than 2 days to finish my handbag and I had the instructions for the bag which I had made before.
Would love to ‘show off’ the Stained Glass Peacock that I had posted to our Group photo album in March. I used Aurora Crystalina and Silver Iris angelina fibres but as I didn’t have Cobalt Blue fibres, I cut very fine strips of the film to bond them together. The film is easier to use but the fibres have the extra sparkle to make the design ‘pop’. With your clear instructions and photos, the designs were easy to put together and I enjoyed watching the pieces sew out.
Well, here it is! I somehow managed to get the very first joining line off just enough to tweet the entire stitch out, but didn’t realize that until the head was put on! I love it anyway and so will my Dad!! I just need to give it a good steam press (using a pressing cloth) and add a small border with hanging tags. Comments today at our quilting group were: is that a fabric panel? How real looking! Beautiful….and of course, Carol – you’re crazy!!!
Maybe I’ll do another one some day when I am not rushed. Thank you for ALL your help and encouragement.
From Jan: I love this design. I donated this one to a silent auction in support of the arts programs at our local community college.
I asked if I could post him here:
Absolutely. Before I sent it I went to your BLOG to see all the projects others have made and there wasn’t an Owlbert. I mounted mine on canvas. Owlbert got a lot of buzz at the auction and he did well. Jan
He is just gorgeous Jan – I love the way you have created him. Suz
I’ve wanted to do a wall piece with the Snowy Egret
(BFC0686) for a long time but wasn’t sure what I wanted for the
background. Then my daughter sent me a photo (attached) that she took on
her vacation, and I was inspired! Her Christmas present this year
is a wall quilt (photo attached). In addition to BFC0686, I also used
foliage bits from BFC1248, FBFC427, and a couple of designs from other
digitizers. The large branches and the foliage background are raw-edge
applique. I’ve never done a quilt before, so I learned many things! But
not how to do good pictures, since the quilt is actually quite squared off.
–Barbara in Fremont, CA
He’s just gorgeous Barbara! I’m sure some viewers will get great ideas for their projects.
Finally got the Herron put on a shirt. I did do it on the nylon mesh and maybe some of the feathers didn’t come out quite right but I am happy with it.
I am always afraid to embroider right on a garment. This shirt was a little pricey and I would have been upset if the design screwed up. This way if I get tired of the shirt I can remove the embroidery and put it on something else.
Thought you would like to see it done this way.
Marge in Fl.*
I would never have guess this design came out so great using this method! I’m in awe of some of your work Marge. 🙂 Suz