Now I need to use one more of my “many” talents. The saying “better done than perfect” I did the embroidery about 15 years ago on my 180e, I knew it needed to be framed. Framing was something that Glen and I always did together! When I was drawing and painting we found out that the framing was very expensive. We spent time “antiquing for frames”. He would remake them and we cut our own mats. The design is from BFC designs, Suz is a great digitizer.
Laura had a lot of trouble in the beginning getting this design lined up. But I was shocked when she sent me the photo and it came out so beautiful! I think she was doing a lot better than she thought. 🙂 Thank you Laura for making my design look so great!
Well, here is the finished product from my almost nervous breakdown! Thank you again for all your help with BFC 445, Touch of India II. It’s a “Happy” wall hanging, full of beautiful colors. I added lots of crystals and unique outline quilting. The fabric I found at our local quilt shop, Creative Sew Threads, here in Elkhart, Indiana. I think the fabric complemented the design perfectly.
Marilynn and I were talking and I asked if she had any photos of her work I could post. I was so surprised and thrilled when she sent me these.
In her words:
This is a small sample of the many BFC Designs I’ve done. I give away or sell about 80% of the designs I’ve done over the years. I’ve recommended BFC to lots of others with my same obsession. Keep digitizing please! Marilynn
It’s going to take me awhile to get all the links for the sets!!!
Thank you Marilynn for sharing so much of your work.
I chose to stitch Windows of the World Italy for a Boss’s Day gift, since my boss is of Italian ancestry. I’ll submit a photo if possible. This courtyard scene provided a good opportunity to experiment with neutrals–with the many tones & shades of gold, brown, & gray, I learned a lot about using these colors effectively. Several of the new BFC threads look quite lovely in the stones, including 2751 Pale Gold, 2657 Mustard Gold, & 2630 Light Sandstone. I took extra time to change colors for the shutters to get the effect I wanted. I used medium-weight cotton twill spray-basted to Hemingworth medium-weight cutaway stabilizer, which made a good stable combo to keep the blocks as square as possible–some areas of these designs stitch 3 layers thick. My machine (a Brother PE-150) required me to reduce the stitch density of block #6 by 5 percent before it would sew that one, although oddly, it had no problem accepting block #8, which has an even higher stitch count. Assembly was Method #6 in the suggestions provided, using a wooden frame. I trimmed the completed blocks to a 1/8″ margin of fabric/stabilizer, & laid them out like tiles, not quite touching, along with my ribbon & wood trim, to determine the final size (which in my case was 14.5″W X 18.5″H). I wanted the ribbon “mullions” to barely cover the edges of the embroidery, so as not to hide any more detail than necessary. DH helped me cut the 1/4″ birch plywood, which our home improvement store carries in convenient 2’x2′ squares, & miter the stained wood trim. The blocks were glued to the plywood & outlined with black grosgrain ribbon (3/8″ wide for the mullions & 5/8″ for the casing), then framed with 3/4″ wood trim. I found this scene to be wonderfully detailed & it really sparks the imagination. I’m giving it 4 stars, because in my opinion a few areas stitch more layers than necessary, & a few of the details were a bit confusing, but on the whole, it is well digitized & an example of the outstanding level of art offered by BFC Creations. I’m proud of my result, & hopefully my boss will be pleased with his gift.
I’m sure your boss was totally amazed Judy!!!! they way you finished it sounds wonderful. Suz
When Genene sent me these photos, she made a point to let me know she had these framed to hang in her home. She makes so many things for others I was glad to hear she took care of her and Mark too. Beautiful Genene!