When I asked Alta if I could post her project photo, she replied:
Yes! I would be proud to share it! The money plant came from my garden! Lynn, my daughter-in-law, had never seen one so I made her a bouquet! Vase belonged to my Grandmother! They have cathedral ceilings in their dining room so this was quite at home on that high wall! She has given me permission to have you share it!!!
I think this project looks stunning! Alta, you did a beautiful job stitching and putting this project together and the frame you chose is perfect. I can imagine a lot of people stopping to admire that place in your daughter-in-law’s home.
From Laura:program. After my brain was fighting to rearrange a couple of the squares, I followed my own advice then I re-colored some of the individual pieces to blend in with the leaves and background, using fabric markers. I used Mylar film under all the squares prior to stitching and I am so pleased with the results. Thank you again for a wonderful stitching program!
Here’s the final product. We made one large one for ourselves and five of the smaller ones as Christmas gifts. The ‘framing’ material is a silk to set off the design , we wanted something more formal than the one you did.
Finally finished my handbag (template from BFC1250) using BFC1374-11 with Glitter. Mirror-imaged BFC1374-12 and adjusted the size to fit the pocket piece for the back. I used brown glitter from the first set of 14 colors that I ordered though I was undecided – all the colors were so pretty! Fabric used was antique satin from Sylvia. My zipper was a bit too long and I ended up with bag having a slightly lop-sided top 🙂
Thanks, Suz, for the beautiful designs and instructions for the bag. How do you find time to embroider and sew out all the projects for the designs you digitize? It took me more than 2 days to finish my handbag and I had the instructions for the bag which I had made before.
Would love to ‘show off’ the Stained Glass Peacock that I had posted to our Group photo album in March. I used Aurora Crystalina and Silver Iris angelina fibres but as I didn’t have Cobalt Blue fibres, I cut very fine strips of the film to bond them together. The film is easier to use but the fibres have the extra sparkle to make the design ‘pop’. With your clear instructions and photos, the designs were easy to put together and I enjoyed watching the pieces sew out.
Marilynn and I were talking and I asked if she had any photos of her work I could post. I was so surprised and thrilled when she sent me these.
In her words:
This is a small sample of the many BFC Designs I’ve done. I give away or sell about 80% of the designs I’ve done over the years. I’ve recommended BFC to lots of others with my same obsession. Keep digitizing please! Marilynn
It’s going to take me awhile to get all the links for the sets!!!
Thank you Marilynn for sharing so much of your work.
Well I did complete the wall hanging of Graceful Vase. Have to say that I really should have repeated the top six silk blocks too as they are very slightly narrower than the others which I completed on cotton. Was very determined and from a distance it doesn’t look too bad, especially if the ‘looker’ is not an embroiderer or quilter.
Thanks for the help
Colleen – I like the long rod – it balances the wall hanging really nicely. Suz