In this case there really is Frost on the Pumpkin:
I wanted to show you my latest finished project. This is a door decoration for a friend of mine in assisted living. My mission in life is to add a bit of color to her really colorless life right now. I told her I would make her a new piece of art work for every changing season. Of course, your design is wonderful, and to give it my own touch, I glitterized it with holographic fabric paint. Sew, in actually, there is now frost on your pumpkins! Thanks again for everything you and Fred do. Until next time,
This is a great way to showcase a wall hanging on a door. You make one too. A strip of fabric the color of a branch, (twisted and tied), a real branch, an artificial branch – there are lots of options. Great job Laura.
I’m very pleased with BFC. I love doing the wall hangings. I’v done well over 100 and put a lot of others designs in about 110 quilts. I’v had several heart operations this past 4 years and just getting back to this.
I’ve attached my favorite. My wife had it framed after the last time i came home from the hospital.
I chose to stitch Windows of the World Italy for a Boss’s Day gift, since my boss is of Italian ancestry. I’ll submit a photo if possible. This courtyard scene provided a good opportunity to experiment with neutrals–with the many tones & shades of gold, brown, & gray, I learned a lot about using these colors effectively. Several of the new BFC threads look quite lovely in the stones, including 2751 Pale Gold, 2657 Mustard Gold, & 2630 Light Sandstone. I took extra time to change colors for the shutters to get the effect I wanted. I used medium-weight cotton twill spray-basted to Hemingworth medium-weight cutaway stabilizer, which made a good stable combo to keep the blocks as square as possible–some areas of these designs stitch 3 layers thick. My machine (a Brother PE-150) required me to reduce the stitch density of block #6 by 5 percent before it would sew that one, although oddly, it had no problem accepting block #8, which has an even higher stitch count. Assembly was Method #6 in the suggestions provided, using a wooden frame. I trimmed the completed blocks to a 1/8″ margin of fabric/stabilizer, & laid them out like tiles, not quite touching, along with my ribbon & wood trim, to determine the final size (which in my case was 14.5″W X 18.5″H). I wanted the ribbon “mullions” to barely cover the edges of the embroidery, so as not to hide any more detail than necessary. DH helped me cut the 1/4″ birch plywood, which our home improvement store carries in convenient 2’x2′ squares, & miter the stained wood trim. The blocks were glued to the plywood & outlined with black grosgrain ribbon (3/8″ wide for the mullions & 5/8″ for the casing), then framed with 3/4″ wood trim. I found this scene to be wonderfully detailed & it really sparks the imagination. I’m giving it 4 stars, because in my opinion a few areas stitch more layers than necessary, & a few of the details were a bit confusing, but on the whole, it is well digitized & an example of the outstanding level of art offered by BFC Creations. I’m proud of my result, & hopefully my boss will be pleased with his gift.
I’m sure your boss was totally amazed Judy!!!! they way you finished it sounds wonderful. Suz