I get a weekly report on the phrases most searched for with results and those searched for with no results. I also can go in any time to see the day’s searches, plus over time for many days. There are patterns that I think I can help with to make your searches more productive.
The successful searches tend to be one or two words at the most. They also contain a lot of numerical part of our item numbers. You see our item numbers everywhere – the name of designs, the documentation, etc. So this is a great thing to use to search. Type the item number with no additional text – 1905 (a design set) or 2170 a color number. You might have the tendency to add more info, but search really doesn’t care. LOL And too much text usually results in a failed search.
3148 PALEST Lime × 2 This failed because the name is PLST lime. All that was needed is the 3148!
The next two have the same problem. When we switched to our new website, I wanted the item numbers to be as uniform as possible (I create the reports LOL) Our first designs from 101 to 999 were missing a chracter compared to 1000-1950, So I added a 0 before each design number that only had 3 characters. My reports are easy and look good, but to search properly you need to add a 0 before the numbers.
529 Ancient Russian Floral × 2 Should be 0529
583 -Christmas Stocking I × 2 Should be 0583
BFC 487 Seed Packets – Veggies and Seed Packets Veggie Pack -all this needed was the 0 – or 0487. Adding so much text to a serach is more than likely going to prevent the program from finding anything.
This one is painful – so lcose!
BFC0527-06 × 2 The 0527 i perfect, but the -06 which represents the individual design nubmer doesn’t not register withour serach.