Coleen’s Rose Window

Hi Suz, finally completed the 29 pieces. I did change a couple of things which may be useful to others too. I was able to purchase heavy weight black stabiliser/ interfacing, one side adhesive which helped. Also med.weight black stabiliser for sewing out. This meant that when the satin stitch edge was carefully cut neither is evident. Also used a little fray stopper around the edges for loose small frays on the edge. I put a small circle of adhesive Pell on in the centre as the curves were a little crinkly, and was able to quilt these pieces to smooth out a bit.

A challenging work but pleased with the result.

Would you tell me if YOU  digitised the design so that I can acknowledge your work when/if I am able to enter it in Canberra Quilter’s exhibition. It might not be til next year with the current corona virus situation.


Great idea about the black stabilizer!

BFC1243 Waratah Rose Window

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *